Friday, June 23, 2017

Officially Summer

We're officially in summer, but things haven't slowed down at all.  In fact, we're so busy that we're closing to fiction queries, both adult and YA, until we catch up with our reading and submissions from the spring's conferences:  Unicorn Writers Conference in March and Books Alive! Washington Writers Conference in April (good projects still coming in from those!)

For How To Query Me through this site about nonfiction, please scroll down to the next page.

Querying through my site is the preferred method, as we see new queries this way within 12 hours of submission. If you're here to query me, please scroll down for instructions.

Please scroll down further  for a post on my agenting philosophy, if you would like to read that before querying.

And check out the agency Facebook page too, I'm posting more frequently there than here.
You can also follow me on Twitter at:  www.twitter.com/DianaFinch

 What I'm looking for:
    
     Nonfiction: narrative, history, science (I love math!), politics - especially the progressive kind, environmental books of all kinds, business, memoir.  Most of my clients, writing all of the above, are journalists.
      
     A tip:  What day of the week do I (like most agents) receive the most queries on?  Tuesday.  Every week, without fail.  So if you like to stand out from the crowd, do consider querying me on another day.  (But of course if everyone reading this avoids Tuesday, it could be all yours!)

Thanks,

Diana

Diana Finch Literary Agency
116 West 23rd Street, Fifth Floor
New York, NY 10011
917-544-4470 (no query calls please)
diana.finch@verizon.net

No comments: